Friday, January 16, 2009

Tuesdays with Morrie -Part 2-

"Whenever I went in my life, I met people wanting to gobble up something new. Gobble up a new car. Gobble up a new piece of property. Gobble up the latest toy. And then they wanted to tell you about it. 'Guess what I got? Guess what I got?' - Is life all about the material aspects and external happiness? Are you sure that those things would give you ultimate happiness and satisfaction? This is something that we, including I myself, need to ponder about all the times.

"Money is not a substitute for tenderness, and power is not a substitute for tenderness." - Money is important in our lives, but, it is just a tool, something that we use to exchange things with the others. It is not the most important aspect. The most obvious piece of evidence, moderate family could possibly lives happier than the rich ones.

There are many interesting quotes in Tuesdays with Morrie. Get the benefits by reading the book, and you would get a new perspective in viewing things and life.

-End-

4 comments:

Walt said...

U have so much passion in Mitch's book, huh?? Everyone ought to I guess. It is fantastically written and I too, LOVE IT SO MUCH!!

LovelyEyna said...

siew bin, your entry, we can use it for the assignment, right? provided that we acknowledge u? ahaha ;p

Robin Wong said...

haha...lawak ina...that is my very private thought...entah btol x...hehe...=P

Anonymous said...

hi..i love reading this book too.