Tuesday, September 8, 2009

3 options

I was having a reflective mind just now. And, the following options in live came across my mind.

1. Looking forward and never look backward. When you choose this, you will keep on developing, in both aspects of good and bad. Since you did not stop and look backward, you wouldn't know whether you are developing positively or negatively. This is why history is very important. =)

2. Stop once in a while and look back what has actually happened. Well, this mode would give you a slower development. Since you always being reflective on what you have done, you might need a longer period of time to withdraw yourself from the past and move forward. But, this mode is always a good one for me. Through my own experience, I always spend a long time to reflect on what I have been going through. And, I can't move on as long as I am reflecting. Well, I can actually, but, it would just be my physical entity that is moving on, whereas my mind is still get hooked in the past.

3. Trapped in the past. This option is a bit similar to the second option. When somebody is reflecting too long before moving on, he might have the tendency to be trapped in the past. Those who have chosen this will never move on. They will keep on grumbling and complaining why they have been treated in such a way. These people will never succeed in their lives.

So, which one would you choose?

No comments: