Sunday, April 11, 2010

Words for my little brother

Please bear in mind that we are living in a realistic world. Every step of ours is observed and noticed. When YOU did not do something to earn your living at certain expected age, YOU would not get away so easily. People will be barking at YOU. YOU will not get any respect from the others as YOU are perceived as eating away the properties. People do this for reasons. Every bite of food requires a penny. Put aside your expensive luxuries, still, YOU need some money to survive. Hence, please find something to do, other than sitting at home, waiting to be fed, and depending on the family to survive.

Also, though YOU are the youngest, YOU have your responsibility in this place of sanctuary. It is extremely fine if YOU do not have interest in pursuing your study. However, YOU need to do something to make sure that YOU do not have to starve when YOU are LEFT alone. How much can your siblings help YOU? Each of every one of us has our own responsibility and living. Even if YOU have the gut and courage to ASK, we would have the sufficient amount to GIVE. YOU know very well that we are not from better off family. We have to stand on our own feet.

Looking at the current YOU reminded me to my condition last time. I still remember when I went away to pursue my study. I was in a total lost too at that time. It was my first time leaving the haven. I had to do all the chores and lived all by myself. I thought of gave up and just went back to my place of no others. However, I had gone through the transition successfully. I must thank those who helped me to adapt myself to the new environment (my sister, my former teachers and my family). Otherwise, I thought I would end up like YOU.

Having this experience makes me have the condition to lecture YOU. Each of us has different degree of dependency. I know that you, just like me, are a baby boy. Therefore, you would be experiencing difficulties in adapting to new changes. However, I believe that YOU can do it! YOU just need to put in more effort. Be bold, dude! Making friends (like what I have done and I think I have wonderful friends around me that make me feel like do not want to be apart with them forever) will surely help you to go through all this. And, have confidence in you. YOU have the ability to change. YOU DO!!

All the best, my little brother.

2 comments:

Walt said...

That is very nicely put, Bin.. Better if he got to read this himself. Who knows your writing would be able to talk some sense into him? Nothing else would I sy but, all the best!!! Guide him.. GBU..

Ky Wong said...

Guide him well..